Successful Integration of German Custodian Bank into the Largest Worldwide Custodian Bank
In the merger between the largest custodian bank worldwide and a German custodian bank, LKPU takes charge of project management, technical support, post merger integration negotiations, and test management reporting.
At A Glance
Historical data migration from host and decentralized systems
IT strategy development with managing director IT architecture and infrastructure EMEA
Data archiving to meet GDPdU requirements
Service level agreement preparation
Direct reporting to international management
Operational and strategic steering committees
Single point of contact
Negotiation preparation for international management and technical department
Team workshops conducting
Project risk management and budget planning
Operational readiness team support
AWV testing: Functional and technical acceptance
Workaround development in collaboration with business and IT Teams
The largest custodian bank worldwide acquires a German custodian bank, initiating a significant merger. LKPU takes on the project management responsibilities, providing technical support in various areas, overseeing the entire post-merger integration (PMI) negotiations, and reporting on test management.
- Ensure the seamless migration of historical data from the host and decentralized systems, preserving data integrity and accessibility.
- Collaborate with the managing director IT architecture and infrastructure EMEA to develop an effective IT strategy aligned with the post-merger objectives.
- Implement data archiving practices that comply with GDPdU (Grundsätze zum Datenzugriff und zur Prüfbarkeit digitaler Unterlagen) requirements, ensuring data retention and auditability.
- Prepare comprehensive service level agreements to establish clear expectations and performance standards for all relevant parties involved.
- Provide direct and transparent reporting to international management, keeping them informed about the project progress, milestones achieved, and key issues.
- Facilitate the organization and execution of operational and strategic steering committee meetings, fostering collaboration, decision-making, and progress tracking.
- Act as a single point of contact for all stakeholders involved in the merger, ensuring effective communication, coordination, and alignment.
- Prepare international management and technical department for negotiations, providing necessary insights, analysis, and guidance to achieve favorable outcomes.
- Conduct workshops with the teams involved in the merger, promoting collaboration, knowledge sharing, and alignment of goals and tasks.
- Implement robust project risk management strategies to identify, assess, and mitigate risks throughout the integration process.
- Plan and allocate project budgets effectively, ensuring financial stability and resource optimization.
- Provide support to the operational readiness team, ensuring their preparedness for the post-merger activities and operations.
- Conduct AWV (Außenwirtschaftsverordnung) testing, verifying the functional and technical acceptance of the integrated systems and processes.
- Collaborate with the business side on-site and IT teams abroad to develop effective workarounds, addressing operational challenges and ensuring smooth operations.