Provider management B2B mass migration
In the payroll industry, LKPU tuned around a market leader's migration of ca. 1,200 business clients within 11 months. Continuous load balancing among the involved providers, their enablement and performance control led to a successful migration with negligible churn.
At A Glance
Planning, budgeting, and staffing of key provider management roles
Daily load balancing across provider to match migration capacity, system and service capability and customer requirements
Provider selection, contracting, management, and controlling
Dispute, contract, and negotiation support
A market-leading payroll software and service provider faced the inevitable termination of one of their platforms, leaving ca. 1,200 customers to be migrated within a tight timeframe of eleven months. A crisis arose due to a serious dispute with the external migrateur, leading to LKPU being entrusted with program management to navigate this challenging situation and ensure a successful migration.
- LKPU selected five providers to increase capability, mitigate risk with the failing migrateur, balance workload and ultimately increase quality and speed of migration
- LKPU developed a comprehensive plan, allocated resources, and managed the budget to facilitate the smooth execution of the mass migration.
- The team turned around the migration project, streamlining processes and enhancing efficiency – including a continuous load-balancing of target platforms and migration teams.
- Transparent control measures, supported by pragmatic tools, were implemented to monitor progress, identify and address issues, and maintain transparency throughout the migration.
- The team effectively managed the relationship with the migrateurs, original external migrateur, addressing disputes, and ensuring collaboration towards a successful migration outcome.
- LKPU provided support and guidance to resolve the serious dispute with the external migrateur, mitigating risks and achieving a favorable resolution.
The LKPU team of experts and consultants collaborated closely with approximately 45 staff, including the client CEO, CRO, and COO, and the migration providers’ management throughout the eleven-month project. Efforts and strategic approach resulted in the successful completion of the mass migration. LKPU’s expertise in program and project management, provider management, contract negotiation, and dispute resolution proved instrumental in overcoming challenges and ensuring a smooth migration for the payroll provider.